Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sensational 7!

Well, I am breaking down and have decided I need to do a little supplemental blogging for some things. One of those things should be BIRTHDAYS! and since we have already had 3 this year I have some catching up to do.

Allyson turned 7 on January 7th. She got to invite a friend over for dinner and a late night. She chose Ramen Noodles, Smoothies, and Candied Sweet Potatoes for dinner.

We had a small family party with cake and presents. I made her a Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Frosting. It is my favorite kind of cake and since I think birthdays are as big a celebration for moms (I did all the work after all) I splurged and had a piece of her cake.


Here are 7 things I love about Allyson in no particular order:

1. She is very affectionate. She loves to snuggle and cuddle. Ally always has a hug for anyone who needs one and loves everyone.

2. She is so smart. Everything seems to come easy to her. She is a great reader, awesome at math, and very creative.

3. She is friendly. Allyson is friends with everyone. She doesn't care how young or old, boy or girl, or how different a person is from her, she is the type who wherever we go she comes and tells me about a new friend she made.

4. She is nurturing. Ally has always loved taking care of people. She is patient and kind. One example of this was when I was at the school for her class Halloween party, there are a couple of kids that come in for parties but are in an extended resource class for extra help. Ally stayed right with the girl who didn't have an aid and made sure she was part of everything and helped her with whatever she needed.

5. She is compassionate. When we were at the theater watching Tangled I glanced over at the part when Flynn was hurt and about to die and Allyson was bawling. She was so upset, and while it was hard to see her hurting over something, I love to see how sensitive and caring she is.

6. She is a wonderful sister. From when Ally was barely walking she would give up what she wanted in a second to make Hailey happy. This has continued with all of her siblings. Ally always puts others before herself, especially her family.

7. She has the best laugh! Ally's laugh is loud and contagious. She enjoys life and is silly and funny.

2 comments:

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Great party and such sweet things to say about your beautiful little girl! I hope you are doing well and recovering from your surgery ok!

Jamie said...

What a sweet adorable daughter you have there! (You have several more of course, but just focusing on this particular one!)