Monday, March 22, 2010

Brayden's 2 Months Old

Time has flown by since Brayden has been born. I am sure it is because we stay so busy. As sad as it sounds, I think the hardest thing about having 5 kids these days is that I am always forgetting one of them. I picked up my kids from Zoe's house the other day, and left Brayden. I was dropping the 3 big girls off at their dress rehearsal another day and started down the stairs before I realized I had left Lilly watching the movie where I had put her while I was getting the girls settled. Ally was playing at a friends house and I forgot to pick her up for about 45 minutes (she thought it was great b/c she had dinner with her friend). I could go on and on, I am hoping it will kick in soon and I will stop forgetting my kids! Anyway, back to Brayden.We had Brayden's check up Friday, he is growing great! He weighed 10 lbs 15 oz and is 22 1/2 inches long. He is starting to be very alert when he is awake. He prefers it to be noisy (go figure, with four older sisters!) He can lift his head while lying on his tummy. He is starting to sleep 5-6 hours at night. I have recently found that the blanket I swaddle him in matters a lot, he is so strong that he can get out of most of his blankets and he would wake up every 2-4 hours, but I have found a choice few that he stays wrapped up all night and it has made a huge difference.Brayden is really a pretty good baby, he can get a little fussy at times and would like to be held all the time if possible, but he is learning that is not going to happen. For the last month he has had a little cold that started out as a little stuffy nose, then got worse, then he had a cough with it and sounded kind of yucky, and now he is finally shaking it off. I was hesitent to take him to the doctor because they can't do much, but when it got worse I took him in to make sure. His lungs were totally clear and his oxygen saturation was at 100%! Brayden is a total boy, he burps and farts way louder and more often than my girls did, which I think is funny. We love having a little boy in our home!

6 comments:

Shaunna said...

What a cute little guy. He fits right in with those girls! Hey how is your diet going? Are you still working at it?

Shaunna said...

5-6 hours at night. Lucky you! What would I give to be in your shoes right now. He looks just like I would imagine a little Staker boy to look like. So cute!

Emily said...

check out my blog, for my "super swaddle" video... it's awesome. :)

http://www.blog.frogley.name/2010/02/secrets-of-good-nights-sleep-episode-2.html

Emily K. said...

Glad you're getting a little sleep :)

I too forgot my youngest on the dryer when trying to herd the kids in the car. Started pulling out and remembered someone was missing.

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

I can't believe he is already 2 months old!
I was just telling Jay on Saturday how I am so afraid that when we have this baby I am going to leave it somewhere...like in the grocery cart at the store.

Jamie said...

This post and the comments are so funny!!

You'll have to put Hailey in charge of a roll call.

He's an adorable baby Kristy!