Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Fathers Day!

I have TONS to blog about, but it will all have to wait! I wanted to take a minute to recognize the two most important men in my life.
This is a picture of my dad and I going to my first child's blessing. Part of the significance of this picture is that my dad had melanoma when I was something like 2 years old. He was not supposed to survive, but thanks to the Lord and a wonderful priesthood blessing that said he would live to see me grow up and get married, I have had a lifetime full of memories with my dad. I am an only child so in my opinion I may be closer to my parents than most kids. My dad has always been there for me. He was the one who combed my hair patiently when I was small, we used to go on mountain bike rides together when I was in junior high, he would take me to work with him and teach me how to do useful things like remodeling and electrical work, he followed me around when I was doing stuff I wasn't supposed to be doing as a teenager. He has supported me in every endevor I have taken on as an adult, college, marriage and parenthood to name a few. I love my dad so much and I can't imagine what my life would have been like without him. I am so thankful to a loving Heavenly Father who gave me a life with an earthly father.

This is my wonderful husband with our children yesterday. Allan is an amazing husband, he works so hard to support our family and me in everything I do, which is a lot! He is patient with me and doesn't get *too* mad when I volunteer for yet another thing, and he just goes with it if the laundry isn't done or the house is messy or dinner isn't made because I have had a crazy day. He helps me cart kids to and from their many activities and is ALWAYS willing to watch them (and sometimes my friend's kids) so I can have a night out! He loves his kids and is an incredible father. He coaches their teams, even when he has to wear a PINK jersey. He takes care of our yard and our garden. He reminds me to have fun and play! He makes me feel beautiful, even when I haven't showered and I smell like baby spitup (or something worse). He is always willing to help a friend, neighbor, or family member. He is adventurous and loves the outdoors just like me. He takes me to midnight premires of movies he doesn't really want to go see because he knows I really want to go. If I ask him to do something he almost always does it which is saying a lot. I love Allan and am so grateful that he is my husband, best friend, and partner in everything.

2 comments:

James and Tricia Thomas said...

That was such a sweet tribute to both of those men! I agree Alan is a wonderful hubby and has even watched my kids:)!! You two are perfect for each other and he is lucky to have you as well!

hapi said...

Hi The Staker Family, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!