Friday, October 30, 2009

I won an award!


I won an award!! It's from Michele, a girl that I was good friends with in high school. Thank you Michele! Michele just recently married her best friend and is expecting her first baby!

Here are the rules for the award:

1)You must thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.
2) You must share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.
3) You have to present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4) Last, you must tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.

10 Honest Things About Me
1) I am OCD about certain things, unfortunately my house being clean is not one of them!
2) I glean hobbies and interests off of people I know. I think the things I learn make me a better person.
3) I would love to be super organized because of my OCD, but most of the time I fail to do so.
4) I am expecting our first boy and I don't really know what I think about it, I have decided that I am excited not to do another girl's hair and that maybe a boy will be less emotional.
5) I love being a stay-at-home-mom. It's all I ever want to do, even when my kids are all in school and probably even when I am a grandma!
6) I procrastinate the things I don't like doing and spend too much time doing the things I do like doing.
7) I don't listen when told "no." My husband tells me that he has said no to me twice and I didn't listen either time.
8) If I wasn't too vain, I would never wear make-up or curl my hair. Sometimes I don't, but a lot of the time I am too worried about what people will think.
9) I really like to plan things out and make lists. In January when we went to Disney World, I had an agenda for every day planned months in advance all the way down to the order we would go on rides and which ones we would get fast passes for and where we would eat. I had to let it go some of the time because we were on a family vacation with Allan's whole family and I couldn't make other people do things "the right way" all the time. This was hard for me because of my OCD.
10) I am super competative. I like to win and be the best. I like my kids to be the best and I probably push them too hard sometimes.

I mentioned that I love to glean so I decided to nominate some of the people who have inspired me all of these girls are fabulous friends and have tons of great qualities that pretty much overlap, I am just choosing one thing to list here:

1. Sarah- Wonderful Homemaker
2. Emily- Awesome Mom
3. Amber- Beautiful Singer
4. Shaunna- Brilliant and Healthy
5. Robin- Physical Fittness Genius
6. Zoe- Creative Crafter (check out her link to her craft blog)
7. Arin- Super Hospitable

There are also many more of you who inspire me but I had to choose 7!

4 comments:

Joy said...

sad that I don't inspire you, ha ha, however...we sound very much like one in the same! OCD, or control, or whatever you want to call it...I have that problem too. Not as bad with the vacation planning, but I like to have an agenda. It's hard when your husband is completely opposite!!
We are all vain, we are women. we all like to look good, right? ok..well, there are some, that obviously don't care and let themselves go, but those are the weird ones!
ok...my comment is getting pretty long. goodnight!

Saranny said...

I had to laugh out loud when you wrote that I'm a Wonderful Homemaker - especially because it seems like EVERY time you come to my house it's a complete wreck! I think you just like my piano basket of treats! :)
Thanks though for the sweet comment on my blog - I think you are pretty amazing and I have learned alot from you too.

Amber Brooke said...

Thanks for saying I inspire you! When I die, I think my ulogy will just say "Beautiful Singer."
After reading your 10 things, I know why we're friends...I heard about the Disney cruise for at least a year, boys are even more emotional than girls (sorry!), and my husband has only told me "no" once. He learned that lesson quick!
I love you!

Robin said...

That was fun to read and I had fun doing my own. I didn't do all the linking and tagging of other people and whatnot. I don't care about getting the award, I just thought it was a fun post to do. Thanks for inspiring me! Can you tell I totally got half my ideas for my list from your list? You're awesome! I'm glad you're close by and that we've been able to spend so much more time together over the last couple years. You are just fun to be around!