Thursday, March 12, 2009

A $46 Dollar Check

The kids had an assembly this week at school all about NED and yo-yo's. NED stands for Never Give Up, Encourage Others, Do Your Best. Anyway, they are selling yo-yo's at the school for a week and Hailey comes home and this was our conversation:

Hailey: Mom can I have a $46 dollar check?

Me: What do you need a $46 dollar check for?

Hailey: I need to buy some yo-yo's. Maddie wasn't there, so I need to get one for her, and Kate can't buy one so I need to get one for her and one each for Me and Ally and Natalie.

Me: We don't have $46 dollars for yo-yo's.

Hailey: Well you can just write a check for it.

Me: That's not the way it works, when I write a check they take money from our bank account.

Wouldn't it be nice if it was just that simple: Hmm, I think I need a million dollars, I will just write a check for it!

3 comments:

Nat said...

Totally reminds me of Catch Me If You Can, that movie with Tom Hanks and Leo DiCaprio. The mom was like, let me just write a check for that.

Emily K. said...

I need a $46 dollar check too, but not for yo-yo's.
What a cutie, I love when my kids say stuff like that ~ you see their minds at work.

Miranda said...

So cute, while your at it right one out to me also! I remember thinking the same thing as a kid.