Thursday, April 3, 2008

Road Trip!


We went down to Arizona over the weekend to visit Allan's brother. We drove down, so there were 4 days of traveling in the car, and basically 2 days in Arizona. It was lots of fun to let the girls play with their cousins. Allan's brother Jonathan, is a pediatric dentist, so one main reason to go was so the girls could get some dental work done. I know this seems kind of weird after four years of dental school, but with Allan working on the reservation, he can't do our dental work. Plus it was a good excuse for a vacation. On the way down, we used a computer program to map out our route, and it took us on a 43 mile dirt road through Southwestern Utah! It was kind of fun, and there were a lot of pretty views, but it was also kind of a crazy road of ups and downs. On the way back, we went over Hoover Dam, and met my parents who were driving up from California, then we went to Vegas to M&M World. The best part of the trip though was Tuesday morning because it was April Fools Day, and a lot of people had been worried about me making the trip being so pregnant, so we called everyone and told them I was in Labor, and we were going to have the baby in Arizona! It was halarious, everyone fell for it! In this picture, (although it's not great lighting) you can see how big I am, but the funny thing is this is the Arizona/Nevada State line, so I am in AZ and the baby is in NV!

If you look closely, you can see Hailey's 3 silver teeth!

6 comments:

Emily K. said...

You crazy lady. You look fabulous despite the big belly! Where in AZ were you, we are looking to maybe move to Casa Grande and are curious how it was? We've really got to get together!

The Staker Family said...

We were in Mesa. I saw Casa Grande is like between Pheonix and Tuscon, it is nice down there, but very hot in the summer, my cousin lives in Tuscon, and I think it is a little more mild out that way, but I don't really know about Casa Grande. What would take you to Arizona? We do need to get together, I don't know when I will come down after I have the baby, but I am sure I will be down in the summer sometime, and we will just have to plan something.

Fosburg Four said...

It looks like you had fun!!! You amaze me Kristy! I don't know if I could have traveled in a car that long! How are you feeling? Bring the girls over this week to play! We finished the basement so they can play down there! :D

Mierzejewski said...

You should have told us!! We would have loved to see you and the girls!! Maybe not allen hahahaha!!! J/K Next time you need to come and see us when you come to vegas!! Cute pictures

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Good joke!! I can never think of them on the actual day!!

The Staker Family said...

We didn't really know we were going through Vegas, it was kind of a last minute thing. My parent's happened to be driving up the same day, so we checked, and it was only like 50 min. out of the way, but it would have been nice to see you guys. We were there on Tuesday afternoon, so Mike would have probably been at work. Well next time we drive through or visit Vegas, we will let you know.