Monday, February 22, 2010

Sweet Lilly

Lilly has gotten to my very favorite age, I love 18 months to about 2-1/2 or so. This is when they are really starting to talk and come into their own personality. They are independent, but not disobedient. Of course part of finding her independence seems to be fighting going to sleep and getting upset if we help her into the car or make her change her shoes when she is wearing the wrong ones, but I don't mind because I know she is just growing up and learning to make decisions for herself.
Lilly is so helpful right now, sometimes this is more fun than other times. She wants to help no matter what I am doing. She runs and gets me diapers when Brayden needs changed. She loves to help me make dinner and every afternoon she likes to sit on the counter-top and help me stir or whatever I will let her do. Of course I have to be super careful that she doesn't burn or cut herself because she wants to be involved in everything.
Lilly loves her baby brother. The other night I found her sleeping on him. She likes to hold him, but usually only for a few seconds which I don't mind. (When Ally was this age, she wanted to hold the baby for hours, and of course you can't let a two year old hold a baby without constant supervision!) She is super concerned whenever he makes any noise and runs to tell me "baby crying." She also loves her big sisters, every time they come home from school or lessons she runs to the door and gives them a big hug. She wants to be just like them and do whatever they are doing. Another night she fell asleep like this, I thought it was so adorable! She is so sensitive and gets so sad if she has done something she wasn't supposed to. To me this is age is exactly what King Benjamin meant when he said, "..becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things.." I am so grateful to have my little Lilly as a sweet example in our home!

3 comments:

Emily K. said...

What a sweetie! You have such great kids. When do I get to meet that little boy??!!!

Jamie said...

Such a cutie!! I agree about liking the toddler stage. It's fun!

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

I am going to have to look at that age of life with different eyes from now on.
She is so cute. I love the two sleeping pictures!