Friday, February 19, 2010

One of those rare moments!

This is Brayden right now!
For some reason I thought having a new baby would be easy, I mean I've done it four times before right? In my head I thought I will have lots of time for things like keeping my house clean and blogging and helping my kids with their homework and making meals. I must have forgotten that new babies want to eat 24/7 and on the rare occasion they are not eating they are pooping or spitting up, or crying because they want to be held. Luckily they also do sleep from time to time, so in that little bit of time I try to get as much done as possible. They say, "nap when the baby naps" but with four other kids, that's not happening, so I am pretty much a zombie, a cranky, ready to burst into tears any second zombie. All of that being said, I am so glad he is here, and I would much rather be a zombie than pregnant, for now anyway. Brayden is one month old today, and the last month has been in one word: busy. Lots of fun things have happened that I would love to take the time to blog about, but instead, I am going to put the computer down and do some laundry, and dishes, and pay attention to my kids, and hopefully someday soon I will find some time to catch my blog up!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I hear you there! The best thing about tiny babies though, is that you can stick them in a sling or wrap when they want to be held and still get laundry/dishes/food prep done. :)

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

Hang in there! I hate/strongly dislike (but still love) new borns. I struggle so hard for the first couple of months.
If you need anything give me a shout.

Oh, we are having another girl! We had our kids in the exact opposite order.

Robin said...

I think number five about did me in. But in a way I always felt like I had seven, at least 45 to 50hours of the week :) Anyway, they grow up and things get easier or sometimes harder, but whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?