Thursday, September 2, 2010

Last Summer Road Trip

Two weekends before school started we headed up to our cabin once again for a fun filled weekend with some of our very best friends!
Some boys never grow up, Steve and Jaren twisted Allan on the tire swing to see how fast they could get him spinning.
The best thing about this trip was that we had no plans, we just went up to relax and enjoy time with our friends.
I love Brayden's tongue in this picture, he is such a crazy boy!
This is little baby Austin, he is so sweet and tiny still, it doesn't seem like very long ago Brayden was this small, it goes by too fast.
Silly Lilly fell asleep out on the front porch.
Steve and Allan went with some of the bigger kids exploring down the creek. They found this big toad.
They also found this interesting wood fort thing.
Some of the girls went inside, but Sydney wasn't about to go in there, I don't blame her though, it wasn't the sturdiest of forts.
Here is a silly picture of the girls with Steve.
One of the best things about hanging out with the Laytons and Pettingills is that everyone has a friend. Here are Hadley, Lilly, and Stacey eating cookies.
Ally, Sydney, and Ila out exploring and finding treasures.
Even Brayden has a little buddy. Brayden and Austin are going to have lots of fun together soon enough!
Hailey and Maddie, the biggest of the bunch!
And the four year olds, Natalie, Spencer, and Jayce, hanging out on the tire swings. I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends. We have so much fun with these guys I can't imagine life without them!
On our way home from the cabin, Allan and I took a little detour over to Mesa Falls.
Allan was a trooper to carry Natalie and Lilly up the stairs.
We also went on a little hike down Bear Gulch.
It is so funny attempting to get a picture of all 5 kids! Right as we were headed back up from the bottom of the hike it started to pour! The kids did so good though and we were very proud of them.
On the way home after the rain there was a double rainbow. It was a full arch and amazing, although this was the best I could do to capture it with my cheapo camera. I think I have seen more rainbows this year than the rest of my life combined, I love summer and am sad to see it come to an end, but we have had such a great one this year and I am excited to get back into a routine and have the kids back in school...well mostly, it's going to be a very busy year and I hope I can stay on top of everything!

No comments: