Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What I Have Been Up To...


Cleaning and Organizing! This has been so much fun and a lot of work, but my spring cleaning is coming along beautifully. I am not finished yet, mostly because I took a week long break and I decided that Saturdays are not a good day for me to do my cleaning, also, my kitchen has taken me about 5 days!


Easter! We went over to Allan's parent's house for Easter and (like always) his mom put on an amazing easter egg hunt complete with a "store" of prizes in the basement!




Here is cute Natalie running out to start the hunt!



Here is Hailey finding and egg.


Here is Ally discovering money in one of her eggs!


And here is Lilly trying to eat a plastic egg (because everything is to eat!)


Here we are decorating real eggs!


And spending some time with our cousins!


Another day we went with Ally's Joy School to the Zoo.
We had a lot of fun seeing the animals, although in true Idaho fasion, it was a little too cold.
Lilly also had a fun time, this was not her first trip to the zoo, but I think it may have been the first time she noticed that there were animals there!


Hailey had her Spring Musical, she is the shortest kid in her class so of course she was standing on the back row. This may be more of a "Where's Waldo" picture to find her!

Lilly Turned 1!!

She had her traditional own cake! I am taking her to the Doctor today, so I will do a post just for her once I figure out how big she is!


It was teacher appreciation week so I made Hailey's teacher this banner and a set of thank you cards. I also decorated her door and Ally's teacher's door, brought them all flowers.


Last weekend went down to Utah for a family reunion, it was at The Legacy Center so we also went swiming!
If you follow the link you will see a sweet picture of me doing Rock Band with some of my cousins!


Here is Allan and Natalie getting off of the water slide.


And Hailey and Ally on a different slide.


This reunion was a little bittersweet for me because my very closest cousin (pretty much like a sister to me) is leaving next Tuesday for Germany to live with her family for 2 or 3 years. This was the last chance that I got to spend some time with her, although I am trying to convince Allan that we should go and visit them for our 10 year anniversary!
Oh, speaking of anniversary's, Allan and I had our 8th on Sunday.


I have also been doing a lot of crafts and here is the birthday banner that I made to hang up on the girl's birthday.


It is really long so it needed 3 pictures, but it turned out really cute! I was happy to embrace the fact that I have all girls and go with some very girly designs!

This is just a picture of Lilly last night, we made sugar cookies and decorated them and then Lilly got a hold of the frosting container!

Lastly, I have been learning to coupon shop. Last night I went to the store for the first time armed with a lot of coupons. As I was checking out the grocer said, I think this reciept is going to be taller than you are... and it was!


And, here is the bottom line, total with tax: $133.77, total saved: $178.77!
PLUS: I got a voucher for $10 to spend on my next shopping trip
AND two free movie tickets to go and see the new Star Trek movie when it comes out this summer!
I purchased 137 items for that price and my total would have been over $300!
I saved almost 60%, and even more than that if you took off the $10 that I will use next time I go!
YEA ME!!!

4 comments:

Nat said...

You've been so busy! And I'm so impressed with your coupon-ing. I need to be more vigilant at that.

Sunnie said...

wow you've been busy! doing fun things, though. i love all the pics. way to go on the coupon shopping. for the most part i am too lazy for coupons. horrible, but true. your little lilly is so cute! i love one year olds and one year b-days are so fun!

Whitney said...

You are my hero - I'm so proud of you and you know I think you're terrific too!! Love ya, T.

Emily K. said...

First of all, you look fabulous!!!! You have been a busy woman, you'll have to show me how to make those banners. That was a great idea for teacher appreciation. Maybe you should start a blog for cute ideas for holidays and gifts so I can steal them :)