Friday, February 27, 2009

More Gratitude

1. The sound of my children laughing. Today Lilly was just sitting at the table having a snack and laughing, it was very cute. Then tonight Allan and the girls were having sock wars and laughing, it was music to my ears.

2. Being able to work on my education, slow as it may be, I have been taking one class a semester. I will get my associates degree in general studdies this summer. I am also grateful for my major, home and family education. I get to take classes for cooking and budgeting and sewing; all very useful things for a stay-at-home mom.

3. Books. To be totally honest, I have not been reading anything exciting lately, mostly because the class that I am taking this semester is a Literature class and I barely have time to read the assigned reading, but I have really come to appreciate books in the last 5 or so years. When we lived in Florida I was in a book club, mostly for the social aspect of it, but the more I read the more I enjoy it.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I love these posts lately--very inspiring.

I had to give up the online degree thing, since I officially quit my job this week. I was and am still super sad to give up the school and the work environment. School is my favorite thing to do (maybe why I never really finished I just didn't want it to end.)